Tuesday, July 13, 2010

An Anticipation

A long time in between posts, sometimes the gentle prompting of a good woman is what is necessary. Anyway, this past week plus has been full of anticipation. This weekend I am taking a starring role as "Tall Groomsman" in the production of Jordan and Abbie's Wedding. It will be the first time I've been part of a wedding party, and I'm looking forward to dressing to the nines and dancing with my girl Jessica. It has been hard work to keep our relationship out of difficulties that would raise nary an eye for couples in the area. But hey, I won't complain. My girl is doing well in L.A. and I am proud of her ability to do so well so far away. The weekend will be great to spend some QT with Jessica and to share our first time in the 'ville together as a couple. We are stopping by on the way from KC to Hannibal for the night. Hopefully the craziness will be kept to a reasonable level. As for the wedding, it will be a good to re-connect with friends and to see a very good couple tie the knot. I still remember Clay and I marveling over Jordan's way of chatting up Abbie, but I should have known something was up with him insisting on a night out.
Coming around to maybe something fitting in with the taste part of this blog, Jordan assured me that the tuxes will be real "James Bond like." I can only imagine that he is thinking Connery at his apex:

and not Roger Moore bringing up the rear:


However it turns out, it promises to be a great weekend worth the anticipation.
Steadfast in promising not another long wait,
A Man

No comments:

Post a Comment